Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WITHOUT A VISION

WITHOUT A VISION
Introduction; People are dying a going to hell in droves and a lot of churches do not have a soul winning programs.  What’s wrong with that picture? I am glad to say that we are a soul winning church.  Let us look at what the scripture says.   Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.  1 Samuel 3:1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.   2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.   We are not to be ashamed of the Gospel. Romans For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  As true soldiers of the cross we are to stand as part of the Lord’s army and win souls for Jesus Christ our Lord.

I) GO and tell the Gospel;

*Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
* Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
*Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Why should we stand as soldiers of the cross and spread the gospel always?
A) Because they are enemies of the cross;
*Philippians 3:18  (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

B) Because we should be cross bearers;
*Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
*Matthew 16:24-28  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

C) Because it is one way to let the world know where we stand;
*Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
*Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

D) We should be willing to be a living sacrifice for the Lord Jesus Christ;
*Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

II) Go and win people for Christ;
*Proverbs The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
*Matthew 9:37-38  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

III) Go and warn the lost;
*Ezekiel 3:18-21  When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.  Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
*Ezekiel 33:8-9  When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Conclusion; It is our responsibility to have a soulwinning vision.  Remember you will reap what you sow.  Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. And Matthew -33 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.   Let us go and spread the good news to everyone that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment