Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It’s Harvest Time

It’s Harvest Time
Text: Matthew 9:37-38 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. And Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Introduction: Have you told anyone about Jesus this week?  It’s soul winning time and the harvest is ready. Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.  Matthew 28:19-20  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
I.)                 What kind of seed have you sown?
*1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
*1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
*Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
II.)       Are you even expecting a harvest?
*2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
*Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
*John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
III.)     Do you use God’s word as seed for the harvest?
*Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of    God.
*Isaiah 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
*John 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Conclusion: We are ambassadors for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. And we have a job to do. Did Jesus not say he would make his disciples fishers of men.  Mark 1:17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. How can we catch fish if we do not go fishing? Remember, Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment