Let’s talk about the King of Kings in 2013
Text: 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Introduction: Are we going to be better Christians in 2013? We feel we need to get closer to God than we ever have been before. James 4:8 says” Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” In 2013 let’s try to be more excited about serving God.
I. Are you a new creature in Christ? 2 Corinthians Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
A. You must be born again. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
B. Have you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ? Acts And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
C. Have you trusted Jesus for your eternal salvation and Him only? Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
II. Do you know that when you are in Christ your racial status does not mean anything? Galatians For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
A. God is not a respecter of persons. Acts Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
B. Salvation is for everyone that believes on Christ Jesus. Romans For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
C. Will you share this good news in 2013 with others? Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Mark And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
III. Have you put on the new person created by God in holiness? Ephesians And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
A. Are you walking in the newness of life and of the newness of spirit? Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. & Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. .
B. Are you renewed in mind and knowledge? Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. & Colossians And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:.
C. Are you enjoying the new and living way? Hebrews 10:19-21 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God;
CONCULSION: As we focus on a new vision for a new year carefully and prayerfully ask yourself these important questions and study what the Word of God has to say about them. As we make our resolutions for Christ let us ponder on the Lord’s Truth. Luke 9:23-24 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. Matthew But seek ye first the
, and his
righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. kingdom
1) Pray Daily- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
2) Study the Word of God Daily-2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. Romans So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
3) Witness for Christ- Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
4) Attend Church every service that you can- Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebrews Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
5) Faithfully give tithes and offerings- Malachi 3:8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Acts 5:1-6 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. Luke Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
6)Visit and invite people to church- Acts 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,
7) Die to self and the world daily-1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. Galatians I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Have a blessed and Happy New Year!